Thanks to a generous gift from the Bernard Osher Foundation, IUB is able to award Osher Reentry Scholar awards to a minimum of 20 recipients each year. Award amounts vary from $1250-$3000 depending on enrollment status (full-time vs. part-time) and available funds.
To be eligible for an Osher Reentry Scholarship, a student must:
- be entering or retuning to IUB after experiencing a cumulative gap of at least five or more years in their higher education
- be pursuing their first baccalaureate degree
- demonstrate financial need by completing the FAFSA
- anticipate participation in the workforce for a significant period of time subsequent to graduation
- show academic promise and a commitment to obtaining their degree