The Center for Students in Transition assists undergraduate students with circumstances that fall outside of or in between services typically provided by other University offices. SIT advisors help investigate and identify solutions and degree options that make the most sense for a student's particular background and goals.Find out more
- New SIT students should complete this brief intake survey. This will quickly help us connect you with an advisor.
- Returning SIT students can schedule an appointment with their academic advisor using the Student Appointment Scheduler (SAS) in One.IU.edu.
- Appointments will be held in-person, on Zoom, or via phone. Please make sure to include an accurate phone number when scheduling your advising appointment in SAS.
- Call (812) 856-4026 to speak to our receptionist if you have other questions or concerns.
For the latest IU updates on COVID-19, visit coronavirus.iu.edu.
Hours of Operation
Spring 2023 Semester
- Monday - Friday
- 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Note: Bloomington is in the Eastern Time Zone and observes Daylight Saving Time (DST). Convert DST to your time zone.
Student success stories
When this military veteran grew tired of just making ends meet for himself and his son, he realized that earning a college degree was the key to taking his career in a new direction.Read Joshua's story
"When health issues struck this single mom, she struck back!"Read Lindsay's story
"Unexpectedly widowed, this single mother overcame great loss and went on to discover her dream career and start a new life."Read Crystal's story
Support the Center for Students in Transition
Consider making a gift today to directly support returning students through scholarships administered in the Center for Students in Transition.